Mich BOG • PTA • staff • studentsperformanceold boysnews & events contacts


 


HISTORY OF ST. JOSEPH'S COLLEGE OMBACHI

St Joseph’s College Ombaci was founded by catholic missionaries from the Comboni (Verona) Fathers Congregation in 1947, as a rehabilitation and training centre for imparting practical skills to the veterans of the Second World War before reintegration into their communities.

It is named after St. Joseph, the earthly ‘father’ of Jesus Christ.

After phasing out the veterans it became a technical college, offering vocational skills in a number of technical subjects.


In 1962 Ombaci attained secondary school status to contribute to the increasing demand for secondary education in the region.
It offered ‘O’ level education with a focus on technical and commercial education, in addition to the basic academic subjects.
In 1982 it introduced the ‘A’ level section, thus becoming a complete secondary school.


© 2006 ST. JOSEPH'S COLLEGE OMBACHI - WEST NILE - UGANDA. All Rights Reserved.
Design Team:
Alex M. Asumi, Fortunate Drateru, Moses Dramiga, Proscovia Adrupiyo